Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

China 2 June 2010



I am feeling a little cut off as I can not update my blog because of Chinese controls over Facebook, blogs etc. So blog updated on my return to Malaysia.

As most of you will know I do not have a sense of direction and sometimes lose my way(!) This is the window to Andrew's flat that I look for when I am coming home.

I have done a bit of shopping here but, of course, no clothes fit me. Andrew has a stack of things he wants me to take back for friends and relatives so have had to buy a small suitcase which I will be able to take on the plane as hand luggage. It will be handy when I go to the Terracotta Warriors so was not really a waste.

I am traveling by train on Saturday night, overnight in a sleeper, to the Terracotta Warriors. Will be staying in a hostel (AUD20.00 per night with my own facilities) will have a guide for the two days I am there. Am returning overnight on Monday/Tuesday. Am a bit apprehensive as I will be on my own but Andrew gave me an English/Mandarin Phrasebook which I have used and, I imagine, it will come in for a lot of use next weekend.

Have been eating (still) all the food offered and Mandy still does not understand that I understand Asian food more than most Aussies. Last night she wanted to treat me to RICE NOODLES! Nearly everything here is fried and they do not eat raw vegetables so I am going to prepare a meal for them to show how to serve rice noodles. My recipe is so much better than the restaurant we went to. Also I am not a great lover of seafood in soups and things so have had to swallow my gourd a few times.

No comments:

Post a Comment