Powered By Blogger

Friday, February 11, 2011

Andrew's wedding stationery

My nephew's wedding took place last Sunday and this is the invitation I made.

Although it does not show up on the photos I put glitter glue around the edge of all the teardrops on the flowers and butterflies as they seemed quite "bland" and needed a lift. The butterfly has a special significance for Chinese weddings.

As my friends know, I do not feel comfortable using glitter or any embellishments in my quilling (personal thing) so it was quite a surprise to see it there.

I used the "heart slug" from the centre of the card as a place card.








We attached it to a pair of white chopsticks which have the Double Happiness symbol embossed in gold. Just tied it on with red cord. My sister wanted just a touch Chinese feeling to the wedding.






I made the Origami box with a lid for the cake box and lined it with a round paper doily. I had not made many of them when, unfortunately, the reception centre said they wanted to use cake bags for the cake. So a lot of work saved. Anyone want 70 white fringed flowers?

1 comment:

  1. What a labour of love but well worthwhile.
    Love the wedding quilling!

    ReplyDelete